Here are a few tools that I discovered to ease the transition from the iPhone world (iCloud, iTunes, Contacts, etc) to the Android world. These tools help you to approach the same level of comfort that you have with your iPhone (although it’s certainly not a complete experience).
So far I’ve installed the following :
- iSyncr : lets you sync your iTunes content audio and video – needed to sync your music
- Swiftkey : this keyboard has predictive input and allows you to swipe your words, which is way faster than pecking the words out – the iPhone really should have this type of input as well !
- MX Player : plays all the videos I’ve thrown at it, has all the codecs
- 1Password : it’s a weak “read-only” solution so you’re not able to add new content to it, but at least I still have all my passwords with me when I need them – free.
- 1Weather : a good weather forecaster, but there are several ones around
- Kindle : the ebook reader from Amazon
Here are a few links from similar iphone-to-android-switchers :
- Infoworld Article : How to switch from iPhone to Android
- Lifehacker : Jumping ship from iPhone to Android
- CNET : the Complete Guide to Android with a Mac